Saturday, February 12, 2011

A very warm welcome to India.

I arrived in India yesterday, after nearly 48 hours of travel from Kansas City, to Atlanta, Dubai, Hyderabad India, Vishakhaptanam India, and another 2 hour drive to Tuni, India- my final destination. It was well worth the wait because I received the warmest welcome I could imagine. The last two days have been well spent, visiting Ashirvad Orphanage and getting to know the kids, teacher, caretakers, and our orphanage director's family. Taking in India for the first time requires both open mind and heart, which I feel like I have both of right now. I am so grateful for the chance to be here and for all the new experiences I'm having. I feel a bit like a child, taking everything in for the first time. All day today was spent at Ashirvad, where the kids had a holiday from school. All kids in India go to school 6 days a week, with only Sunday off. They were especially excited and there was so much energy at Ashirvad there was no time to think about jet lag. At the end of the night, some of the girls made handmade Henna, from ground leaves at the orphanage. I included some photos of them while decorating each others hands. So beautiful. Hopefully tomorrow I will have some more time to write. Right now, I am exhausted and it is bedtime here in Tuni.
Much love.



No comments: