Monday, February 21, 2011

Bay of Bengal




Saturday was one of the best days. Not just of my days here in India, but ever.
We got to go to the beach! I’m not sure who was more excited- me or the kids. It’s only about 20 minutes from the orphanage, but the kids only get to go once every few months. Imagine 75 kids all going to the beach at once, it was total chaos and so much fun! We played all day- in the water, made stuff out of sand, ate lunch, played songs, looked for seashells. A few of the boys went fishing and caught their dinner.

Some days are better spent observing the world with your own eyes, rather than through the lens of a camera. So after taking just a few photos, I ditched my camera in my backpack to go play. Everyone was so exhausted at the end of the day but I wish we could go back again.

1 comment:

kristine said...

lacy! i'm so glad i saw your blog posted on nicole's fb page! i am all caught up and love reading about your trip! your pictures are gorgeous too! i'm glad you're having a great time and getting to meet the kids and see their world firsthand. i'm praying for you for safety, health and a continued open heart! xo